Updated: Oct 18, 2019
So it's not just candles I'm stripping back ingredients on, it's all the other beauty products in my life too. I went through my bathroom cabinet recently and got rid of lots of products with synthetic fragrance and ingredients lists that were far too long to be anywhere near natural. To be honest, there was not so much left so I spent this morning making a DIY natural hand scrub made with essential oils and sugar. It's so easy, here's how to do it if you'd like to have a go at some DIY beauty.
Just 3 ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of low odour oil e.g. vegetable, almond or apricot kernel oil
1/2 tsp Rosemary essential oil
1. Measure out the sugar into a bowl.
2. Measure the oil and add to the sugar.
3. Mix the sugar and oil well until it's all combined.
4. Measure the Rosemary essential oil and add it to the mixture, stirring it in well.
5. Decant into a jar with a lid and massage into your hands twice a week and then rinse off with warm water.
The hand scrub is good to use during Winter to help soften your skin. Use once or twice a week for naturally beautiful hands.
Avoid during pregnancy. Do not use if you are epileptic or have high blood pressure.
You may also be interested to read an article about the purity of essential oils which has been researched and published by Consumers Advocate. You can find the report here https://www.consumersadvocate.org/essential-oils
Have a great day,