So it's not just candles I'm stripping back ingredients on, it's all the other beauty products in my life too. I went through my bathroom cabinet recently and got rid of lots of products with synthetic fragrance and ingredients lists that were far too long to be anywhere near natural. To be honest, there was not so much left so I spent this morning making a DIY natural hand scrub made with essential oils and sugar. It's so easy, here's how to do it if you'd like to have a go at some DIY beauty.
Just 3 ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of low odour oil e.g. vegetable, almond or apricot kernel oil
1/2 tsp Rosemary essential oil
Also, a Kilner jar or an old jam jar
How to make your hand scrub
1. Measure out the sugar into a bowl.
2. Measure the oil and add to the sugar.
3. Mix the sugar and oil well until it's all combined.
4. Measure the Rosemary essential oil and add it to the mixture, stirring it in well.
5. Decant into a jar with a lid and massage into your hands twice a week and then rinse off with warm water.
The hand scrub is good to for gardener's hands, hands that do too much washing up and hands that need a little pampering. This lovely scrub will to help soften your skin. Use once or twice a week for naturally beautiful hands.
Avoid during pregnancy. Do not use if you are epileptic or have high blood pressure.
Candle Making & Workshops